1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$3 per gallon going to be normal, and soon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JackDodge, Apr 1, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../604010360/1001

unrest in oil-producing countries, 85,000,000 barrels of oil per day in global consumption is projected for 2006 with excess at only 2,000,000 per day equals high prices are here to stay. Per barrel oil price is nearing $70. The very short attention span of the American people makes it difficult for us, as a people, to forget how volatile oil prices are and how fast they can increase drastically. When prices stabilize, Prius owners are just seen as smug tree huggers who perceive ourselves to be better than everyone else. The reality changes when prices spike. When prices go upwards and steeply, we're seen as the smart ones and our cars become coveted. This is why I'm sure that when I start thinking about a new Prius (when a significant improvement is made) then I'll be able to sell my current car for at least the original sticker price and the South Park episode will be a quaint, faded memory.

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Articles like this emphasize how little analysts and journalists who write on this topic actually understand.

In the same article:
    "Energy is only a tiny part of a household's total basket of goods"
    "If oil rises 15%, pessimism will set in, leading to recession"