1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3 Second Delay Poll

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rstark18, Nov 2, 2009.

?
  1. YES, and I have DVD verion 8.x

29 vote(s)
    76.3%
  2. NO, and I have DVD verion 8.x

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. YES, and I have DVD verion 9.x

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. NO, and I have DVD verion 9.x

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Please vote and let us know who is and who is not affected by the 3 second delay in the Bluetooth when answering their Nav equipped Prius.

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    when did version 9.x come out? I got my car at the end of July and have version 8.1.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My car has a July 2009 build date and I picked it up on August 29. The version was 8.1. I had read about the 9.1 being available on PC so asked the dealer rep.

He was not aware of the 9.1 being available (?) and said the cars are always shipped with the latest rev.

If the 9.1 upgrade does indeed take care of the 3 second delay, what is the chance of Toyota upgrading the affected vehicles ?

4. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    9.1 came out (I think) in Sept. If it's proven that 9.1 fixes the problem then I'm hoping they take care of it. I'm going to open a case with Toyota with the hope that they'll try to resolve it with the 9.1 DVD.

5. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't mean to nitpick here, but I don't think your poll will produce the results you want. People without the delay problem or those that don't know they have it, are going to have no idea what this thread is about since they haven't been following the issue and are unlikely to read it or respond to the poll. I think your subject and poll question are going to self-select people who have the problem much more than the actual percentage. I could be wrong, but as someone who reads the forum a lot but hasn't followed this issue at all, that's certainly how it struck me. I have the nave and BT and use my phone, but I have no idea what this 3 second thing is or whether it affects me. Therefore I cannot answer the poll.

6. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First let me start by saying the 3 second delay is when using BT w/ Nav. When someone calls and you press the answer button (either steering wheel or green button on the Nav) they will not be able to hear you for 3 seconds (duration of the call time shown on the Nav screen).

The purpose of my poll was to try and figure out if the Ver 9 Nav DVD fixes this issue. So really I was only interested in responses that could confirm or deny the problem. I wasn't really interested in responses that didn't help me come to a conclusion. Sorry, I could have written up a better intro post but I was in a hurry.

7. robinson

robinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Picked up my V w/ atp fresh off the boat on 10/10. It has ver 9.1 navigation, and I can confirm the delay. It also waits FOREVER for the phone to actually ring, I've had several friends just hang up because I never "picked up the phone". (that part *might* be a phone/sprint issue, and not the BT phone issue).

The mic also sucks, I've adjusted the mic input volume to max (using the service menu) with only marginal improvements. I mean... did they even TEST this before shippping it? arajkfkasdghal;jdgh#$^#$@#$&*bang bang bang

For the record, this is using an HTC Touch Pro.

8. robinson

robinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would also venture to suggest that the 9.1 navi dvd is because of the additional navi controls added by the "onstar" system -- which comes with the (september+) nav system no matter what.

9. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I still don't know if I have it or not... will have to check next time I'm out there, but at least I know what you're talking about now. Anyway, no apology necessary, it's your poll, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents to make sure you weren't getting skewed data. Good luck!

10. cdevers

cdevers New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The poll options are incomplete.

I have the 3 second delay, but I don't have the navigation package, so neither DVD version applies to me (unless there's some hidden DVD drive under the hood or trunk that I didn't know about).

11. daveelt

daveelt New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I saw something interesting today but was did not have time to duplicate it. I received a call while sitting at a stop sign (no Nav Lock since was not moving) and it seems like for the first time, I did not have a delay. I notice that when I am moving, the caller ID function and timer do not show up, but this time, they worked exactly as I expected them to.

The question is, could this be related to the NAV Lock while driving. Has anyone else received a call while sitting still and if so, did they have the delay. Was this just a fluke for me?

12. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmmm. Interesting I'll have to test this this week.