1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3-way bluetoothing

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mitchla, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Since the sound quality makes using my BT phone impossible (my voice breaks up for my callers) I'm wondering what would happen if a BT headset was added to the mix. Is is possible to use a BT headset in the Prius, and let the Prius do the dialing and call picking-up, but speak/listen over the headset?

Cheers...

2. mboileau

mboileau New Member

The T616 does not let you connect two BT devices simultaneously, so I believe the answer is no.

3. aile

aile New Member

i tested this with my t68i and jabra ear piece. the car system was used instead of the ear piece.

4. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Thanks for the info, comrades. It's too bad that 2 of the coolest features of the Prius are unusable for me--BT and voice commands. Maybe my microphone is bad.

5. mboileau

mboileau New Member

No one yet has had the never to start adjusting the BT gain settings available in the "hidden options" screen. If you're giving up on BT completely, doesn't sound like you'd have much to lose by adjusting the numbers. (Hold Info down and turn parking lights on/off three times in a row).

6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There is the BT Voice Quality - range from 0-4. It may be a compression or gain level - nobody seems to know. I've tried putting it in various places, with little change - in some cases, my incoming calls sound overdriven. I'll probably try turning down the gain a bit.

7. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Didn't now about that. Once there, what will I find and what should I try first?

Thanks for your help.

8. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

I tried raising my SEND level to +4 and my LISTEM level to +2. It does seem to help in a short test thus far. There's also a setting called VOICE QUALITY which is as +3. What's that? I'm all for quality.