1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3 yr roadside assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Springtime, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Springtime

Springtime Member

Since I just bought a 2005 I get the 3 yr roadside assistance as part of the deal. I usually have AAA+ on my car and wonder if I should spend the $85 a year to continue it? Other than the discounts I receive in various stores because I am a AAA member is there any reason to have both?

AAA+ will tow me up to 100 miles to my home and not just to the nearest repair center.

Springtime

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The main use I got from AAA was maps.

I'd give AAA a vacation and just use the Roadside Assistance.

3. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you have the Navigation pkg... your use of maps will go down too :)

/Jim

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have AAA and I'll be keeping it largely because of my wife's Windstar. I wonder who has had the need for Toyota's roadside service and how quickly they responded. Just curious. IIRC, AAA puts a limit on the number of times I could call in. It's been many years (knock on wood) that I needed to use them so my memory is a bit hazy.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i was listed on my mom's AAA as an associate member... think they cancelled that on me though. would have been nice since the roadside assistance won't cover my husband's car. i guess we could pull some strings though, we know a few guys who own towtrucks if we needed it.

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Instead of the AAA, send your money to an auto club that wants to improve fuel economy, reduce pollution and even (gasp!) encourage the use of mass transit: http://www.betterworldclub.com/home.htm

7. gordonr

gordonr Member

Doesn't the $990 Toyota Financial extended service agreeement offered via Priuschat offer towing as part of it's coverage? Since towing isn't part of the standard warranty in '06, it might make sense for some to consider getting the extended coverage prior to the 3yr/36,000 mile point just to get this coverage.