1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

30,000 mile birthday pictures

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by subarutoo, Mar 28, 2007.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Our 06 just passed the 30,000 milestone (since new Jan, 06) on the way to Las Vegas, and I thought I'd share a couple of pictures. We stopped at Goodsprings, NV on the way to Vegas. My great-grandfather lived there many years ago, but we had never visited it. It is mostly a ghost town with a biker-bar "Palace Saloon" about the only original building still in use. There are a few houses, and some really nice ones, too. Goodsprings is west of Vegas, about 6 miles north of I-15. Also, driving across Vegas, coming back from Red Rock Canyon, we were able to "yellow-out" the MFD meter. I know its been photographed before, but here's my picture. We actually had more bars than that. By the way, mpgs were 49 from LA to Vegas, and 40.9 on the way home, with stiff winds and moderate traffic. We filled up before leaving, and after 305 miles, it took just 7.5 gallons, still pretty good, and carrying a full load of stuff. 30,000 miles, and I'm loving the car more each day.

Attached Files:

2. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome! I can't wait for July, so I can post my MPG earnings from Colorado to California, and everywhere in between.

by the way nice car, White is THE color for the Prius.

3. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

cool. I have a road trip planned in May.

Denver to SLC for the Utah Grand Prix.

Can't wait

4. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

How do you get 30 minutes of 100+mpg and avg of 49?

Stuck in traffic?

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Mar 28 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]413552[/snapback]</div>
    Have you ever been in Vegas traffic? We were just creeping along, slightly downhill, good for the mpgs, but not the mph's.

6. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I like your door and side detailing.Makes the car look very sporty. Nice. :)

7. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ Mar 29 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]414258[/snapback]</div>
    The pinstripes and black door and fender moldings were part of a $500 dealer "added value" package. Translation: dealer added profit. But I was OK with it, and kind of like it now. It was the only addition over MSRP, back in Jan 06. I have had trouble with the pinstripes, and may take them back for a re-do. Thanks for noticing. I haven't seen any others on the road, with the Added Value Package. It was from Sierra Toyota in Lancaster, CA.

Sorry the photo is so dark, it looked OK on my computer before I posted it. (The windows aren't tinted, just factory tinting.)