1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

30,000 miles down the road

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dave, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've put 30,000 miles on in just over a year. (Got the car on February 4th last year, turned 30,000 miles February 21.) I have a long commute to the hospital where I work, and while I know driving this much is not good for the environment, at least the Prius helps ameliorate the problem.
    I had the brake light switch recall work done yesterday, along with both air filters changed and new wiper inserts installed.
    So far, the only problems I've had are a rattle in the dash above the display that I've improved but haven't completely eliminated, and having had to replace the rear bumper because somebody at the dealership dented the old one. I did purchase an extended warranty from Troy, and it would be fine with me if I never have to use it.
    I'm glad I got the car, and I'm glad this site is here. Not only have I learned a lot here, but I feel a certain kinship with other members of the site.
    Special thanks to Danny for making it all happen and all the work you do to maintain the site, and to Dr. Fusco for sharing lots of information in the "early days," and for having a great perspective about the Prius, and on life in general.
    Happy and safe motoring to all!

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    30 k! I will probably only be at 20K by the end of my first year. Any other impressions? I wonder what the highest milage on a 04 that we have out there?