1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

300 Events to Call for Bush's Impeachment over 'Downing Stre

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ScottY, Jul 22, 2005.

1. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    WASHINGTON, D.C., Jul 22 (OneWorld) - Activists seeking to impeach
    President George W. Bush have planned 300-plus events nationwide Saturday to mark the third anniversary of a top-level meeting of British officials that they say proves the White House manipulated intelligence and lied to Congress to justify its war against
    Iraq.

Full Article

2. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

No responses!! That should tell you something

3. prius04

prius04 New Member

IA,
    Thanks for bumping this to the front page. I would have missed it otherwise.

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Yea interesting link.., seems like Mike Kinsley is not buying it...but anyway just wanted to see what was out there

5. craigcush

craigcush Member

Thanks for the info, I missed that one in the news. But when the corporations own nearly all the news outlets that is to be expected.

And as far as the other poster, no response seemed necessary as it is just info, nothing from the post other than a cut and paste. FYI

The shooting gun emoticon does tell me something.
    Then I looked into Ialtmann's other posts......never seen so many inflammatory remarks.

Craig

6. tomforst

tomforst New Member

It boggles my mind that my fellow American's give this president any credibility. General Zinni stated that "this is a war that the civilians (i.e. neocon chickenhawks wolfowitz, cheney, perle, Rumsfeld, etc) wanted. The generals (Powell, schwartzkopf, scrowcroft, Zinni, Shinseki, and many others) opposed the war because they recognized it as a distraction from the real war on terror. They called it the "wrong war at the wrong time". If you look at the Bush administration statements leading up to the war, you find that they were wrong on all counts (Cost: They said 50 to 70 Billion Dollars, Manpower: the generals said 250,000 soldiers necessary - Rumsfeld scoffs "they don't understand the new military paradigm", Justification: WMD???). If I performed at this level on my job, I would be quickly fired for incompetence, yet the American public put this team back in office. Like I said, the American public boggles my mind.

7. prius04

prius04 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomforst\";p=\"110228)</div>
    Actually, I'm still waiting for the handcuffs.

8. prius04

prius04 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomforst\";p=\"110228)</div>
    Actually, considering that our media is almost wholly owned by megacorporations, and GW has been a godsend to them in the way he has given them out country, it all fits that there are so many American's who still support these guys.

Billions have been spent convincing them. The Republican Party even has their own network. Faux News.

9. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

hERE WE go...

10. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

None of the above posts are inflamatory...only ones expressing other opinions...

11. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IALTMANN\";p=\"110209)</div>
    I was waiting to see how long it would take for you to respond IA, I'm impressed, I thought you'd be going :cussing: in a couple milliseconds. Good control man, three days, wow!

P.S. Don't take it the wrong way, just a little good natured needling :D

12. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What I'm curious as ever about is how history will judge his motives.

It's much easier to be objective when looking back at the past.

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok, when i first read the post i thought it was saying

300 reasons why Bush should be impeached

i came here to see what reasons had been left out

14. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

John 1701a..good approach and response..I like to look back and then decide how it was after ALL the results. We will let history judge GW Bush. tleonhar: no problem man..just trying to see what is out there.. just followed a link unrelated to this after another poster mentioned it., good God is all I could think...you want extremes..let me know and I will give it to you (privately!!). Anyway liked John1701a's post., it really will come down to this. We will see if all this helps this country or not, and what the REAL results will be down the road.. I will reserve true judgement till then, it does make you more even handed and fair, when results (good or bad) are already done with. Many times especially in war, that is how it happens.