1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$300 for 3 years of dent removal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Etel Rose, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Etel Rose

Etel Rose New Member

This is what the dealer wants to sell me for a new Prius. Does it sound good? The idea is that you don't make claims to your insurance when your car is dinged, dented, etc. (This would not include paint).

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< I'm confused... Just WHAT is this posting about??

3. Etel Rose

Etel Rose New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Aug 18 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]305351[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry. This is an option that the dealer wants to sell me with a new Prius. I've never bought a new car before, and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the extras I'm being offered. I'm just curious if this sounds like an attractive purchase to other people... I don't know much about body repair, or if resale (in case I want to) is dramatically affected by dings and dents...

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The magic 8 ball just told me that all signs point to no in terms of adding this "dent removal" feature.

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think Charles might be confused because the question was only in the subject, not in the post itself...?? Anyway, Considering the amount of money I've spent on dent removal for 3 cars in the last 3 years ($0) I wouldn't consider it.

Also, you'd have to look really closely at that aggreement if you're even going to think about it beacuse it probably doesn't cover paint repair or anything else. I'd say buy yourself a Ding King and a touchup paint pen for a few bucks, and that will probably have you covered for everything their service covers anyway.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'd say no.

They're going to be the ones to define what a 'dent' is. If paint isn't included other stuff isn't included too.

You'd to better to buy one of those dent pullers for a few bucks and pass on this.

7. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Etel Rose @ Aug 18 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]305387[/snapback]</div>
    Turn down ALL the big profit for the dealer add-ons.
    • NO extended warranty - you don't need it now, you can get it cheaper elsewhere and anytime before your standard warranty expires
    • NO paint/fabric protection - nothing more than car wash and fabric soap
    • NO underbody rust proofng - coverage limited to the cost of the rust proofing. More likely to trap moisture between itself and the metal it is covering than keep it out if there is any break in the coating. That will result in serious corrosion that will be undetectable until it is severe and cost many time the amount you will get from the 'coverage'.
    etc, etc, etc

8. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

I would probably pass on that, but if you are considering it, CAREFULLY read the fine print and take note of what it does NOT cover and under what circumstances.

9. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It's a great deal if you can get it written in that he'll remove all the chipping in the front hood. That's the only area where it costs more than $300 to fix/prevent.

10. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    I think I would have to pass on that one. Just more money to the dealer and out of your pocket.