1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

303 Protectant

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by auart, Sep 17, 2006.

1. auart

auart Junior Member

I read enough on Pc to know that 303 is the way to go and not Armorall for all the plastic and rubber on the car. I bought some at WestMarine to try and just wiped down some of the interior plastic.
    My MFD screen gets fingerprints easy of course and I wondered if anyone puts in on the screen as well before I go and mess mine up.
    I did the tires and some of the exterior trim, and some of the door area plastic, but I'm not so sure if it will be OK to do the MFD screen and the textured material the dash surface and glove box are made of (not sure what it is called).
    Do you wipe this stuff on the plastic and then go back and wipe back off again?

Also, has anyone tried the 303 High Tech Fabric Protectant? I am testing it on a headrest first but curious if its worth trying?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I could only find the plastic protectant at my local stores. But I would never - EVER - wipe anything other than a DRY microfiber clother on the MFD screen.

Call me overly protective, but those things are expensive and touch-sensative. If anything should happen to go wrong, it's a big-time boo-boo.

3. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    I've found that a dry microfiber cloth works great on the MFD. I purchased a package of microfiber cloths at Bed, Bath, and Beyond that came with a small cloth for eyeglasses that I keep in the car for wiping down the MFD.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Basic rule of 303... don't use it on anything that is shiny - and that includes the MFD screen (OK, it isn't really shiny, but you get the idea).

Everything else- groovy. MFD screen, not a good plan. You probably won't hurt anything, but you'll make the fingerprint problem worse, is my guess! The stuff works great on the textured plastic everywhere else. Nothing better.

5. auart

auart Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 18 2006, 12:01 AM) [snapback]321032[/snapback]</div>
    What about the door plastic and the plastic parts of the dash that are smooth. The sides of the console, or any of the interior plastic.....Would those be considered SHINY ?

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(auart @ Sep 17 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]321036[/snapback]</div>
    Great for the stuff that's smooth. If you can't see your reflection in the surface - go at it with the 303. Maybe reflection is better than "shiny." Don't do it on glossy plastic, glass, plexi, etc. Gossy - that's the best. Don't use it on glossy surfaces. Ignore the rest of what I wrote. :)