1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

33,000 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sheepdog, May 3, 2010.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I now have 33K on Rachel and want to ask:

Is their anything I should really have done before I hit 35K and lose warranty?

I lost my job in early april so buying an extended warranty wouldnt be such a good idea really. I'm concerned about keeping the house right now. Two months and the 401K money will be exhausted. But back to the warranty.

what should I get done or checked? she seems perfect so far. synthetic every 6K and syn filter as well. New tires 1000 miles ago (the originals just started to fall apart) I got Cooper CS4's and they are fine.

I havent had a 30K checkup yet but am concerned about what it might cost me.

Your thoughts please?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Considering your financial situation, I recommend that you limit your Prius maintenance to engine oil, oil filter, and engine air filter changes. Since you are using synthetic oil you should be able to move to at least 7,500 mile change intervals; 10,000 mile intervals would be feasible.

I'd also recommend that you forget about buying an extended warranty program. I'm sure you can find a better use for $1K.

Good luck.

3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    With oil and filter changes every 5000 miles (cost me $37 at the local Toyota dealer, including tire rotation), your Prius should go to 60,000 with no problem. A couple of additional items at that mileage aren't that much more expensive. No timing belts, etc, and no need for an extended warranty!