1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3600 miles of computer and computed mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by jimnjo, May 16, 2006.

1. jimnjo

jimnjo Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    After about 3600 miles, with records of the computer mileage and calculated mileage I have found that the computer is almost exactly, on average, equal to my calculations. While each fillup varied (sometimes the calculated value was more, sometimes less than the computer, and a couple times very much different) at the bottom line the computer says 49.85 and my calculations say 49.95.

There was a steady increase in mileage from February purchase time to now. No doubt some of that is due to our experience with the car, perhaps a bit of breaking in, and certainly a winter driving factor.

We are consistently above 50 mpg now, with mostly highway driving.

Jim

2. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Hi this is my first post. Found this board about two weeks ago when I was seriously thinking of buying a prius. (great info). Well I have had my car for about one week I don’t know how much gas the dealer put in my tank when I bought the car (the gage read full) I just got according to the computer 528 miles on that tank. I filled up tonight with 9.43 gallons. I love my new car. :wub:

I do not pulse and glide. Just drive the speed limit. I have about a 60- 40% highway/street drive to work the 40% I can use the hsd and in the morning the drive is all stop and go on the highway. I actually no longer mind traffic.