1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Sirus Satellite Radio options.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by F8L, Nov 12, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sirus is coming out with two new products for satellite radio options in our Prius.

The new products will allow you to run the satelite radio through the factory system and display/control the portable devices through the MFD. This will allow you to dock the portable units in a glove box or some other hidden area. The items needed are SCVDOC1 and TOY-SC1.

The second device will work with the new satellite tuner that does not require you to have a portable unit (like the Sportster) hooked up. Toy-SC1 and SCC1 Tuner

Another useful piece will allow you to view the TV programs on the screen and hide the devices much like the above mentioned device.

The SCC1 (tuner device that can be hidden) is already shipping.

The TOY-SC1 (Toyota harness) is supposed to ship in Dec.

The SCVDOC1 (docking adapter for portable Sirius devices) has no ETA but shouldn't be too far out.

The TV tuner (SCV1) option mostly plays Disney type stations and more information can be found at Siruis.com I'm sure.

Just thought I'd add this to our Sirius options. :)

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And it works really really good too! I've had one of em' in my car for a few weeks now.

Insider privilege :eek:

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Nov 12 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]538589[/snapback]</div>
    Bastage! lol

I assume you live near Vista?

4. dalmore

dalmore Junior Member

Pardon me for jumping in here but it's sort of on topic.

My Prius arrives this week and I'll need to integrate my Stiletto 100. I currently use the direct connect FM and would be happy to do the same. Anyone know of a way to connect this (tap into the antenna cable connection)without disassembling the dash? I can try the FM transmitter without the connection but we have lots of interference around Atlanta so I'm not optimistic.

Alternatively, anyone know if a way to use aux/line in with the Stiletto 100? The problem as I see it is connecting the line to the earphone jack on the Stiletto while it's docked (required for power and sat antenna)

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Nov 12 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]538596[/snapback]</div>

Vista? Is that in San Diego?

I'm an OC baby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dalmore @ Nov 13 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]538817[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, the dash has to come apart to get to the antenna wire.

With the Toyota half of the Sirius kit we are talking about will let you plug in the Stiletto directly and control it with the steering wheel/see it on the radio display.

6. mossypete

mossypete New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Nov 13 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]538971[/snapback]</div>
    Will that work in an 04 prius

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mossypete @ Nov 13 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]539073[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. But any Sirius or XM kit will, not just this one.

8. pmppk

pmppk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Nov 12 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]538517[/snapback]</div>
    erm... scvdoc1's official ETA was Spring 2007 when it was demonstrated (at ces i think?)...... is this no longer vaporware?
    And..... with TOY-SC1, how many characters of text display do we get?

9. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pmppk @ Nov 13 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]539215[/snapback]</div>
    According to Directed Electronics it is not available yet and I was given no release date. The Toy-SC1 was said to ship in Dec. I can call on Monday for more info regarding clarification on the SCVDOC1 and how many lines of text will show on the MFD. :)

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Nov 13 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]539226[/snapback]</div>

It does 16.

11. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So how much will these babies set us back? And where can we get in line to purchase them?

12. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Any update on this? I think if we don't have any news by now, we may have to wait for CES for an announcements.

13. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought I updated the info a few weeks back. Guess it didn't post. Grr

The main pieces should be available by now or mid month. I'll call again tomorrow and obtain an update for you. :) I'll also post the retail pricing.

14. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks F8L. I am still on the fence about waiting for whaterver will happen w/ the merger. I am hoping that Sirius' technology will come out on top.

15. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    XM is running a special right now with a 3-month free deal so that may mean they are scared and desperate. lol

16. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey guys I just came across this thread, I'm a little confused. the kit we are talking about is to connect a portable sirius radio to a prius and use the mfd as display? Or is it a complete system, no portable system required.. The reason I ask is I was about to order a Stiletto (my christmas present to self;)) Should I order the radio and this unit? Does the stiletto need a car kit? Can't it transmit fm signal? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on these things. All the websites have all of the same info.. I hear a lot of problems with reception..

17. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    F8L, I know you said you were going to call this week for an update...but do you (or anyone else) know if the SCC1/TOY-SC1 has the Jump* feature that many of the Sirius tuners have?

*Press Jump and your tuner will go to your traffic channel when your local traffic is being broadcast.

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been on hold for 15min but I'm trying to find out for you.

19. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There aree two ways of hooking up the Sirius system to a Sirius ready Toyota stereo.

The first way uses the SC-C1 Tuner (hide-away) and the Toy-SC1 adapter. This would be for invehicle only use.

The 2nd way is using the SCVD0C1 docking station. This would allow you to dock a Stilleto unit and control it through the stereo and or MFD. I'm going to clear that part up as soon as they answer my call. LOL

The SCC1 ($49.99) is available now

The ToySC1 ($99.99) is scheduled for Jan 8th

The SCVDOC1 ($59.99) is scheduled for Jan 14th

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so according to DEI's Sirius tech support:

The SCC1+TOYSC1 will be controlled the MFD but may or may not allow the "jump" feature. They said it all depends on the radio it is being played through. So unless you can call Sirius direct and get an answer that is the best I can provide. :(