1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3M Paint Protection Stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by johntal, Sep 21, 2006.

1. johntal

johntal New Member

Hi all! I am located in Cyprus (E. Mediterranean island). Got my Silver 2006 model last May. Also purchased from Toyota a roof rack and luggage box. The roof rack package included four transparent 3M stickers (size 2 cm x 10.5 cm) for protecting the car paint where the roof rack attaches to the car. I need replacements but the local dealer has not such part listed. Toyota Europe says they do not supply replacements. I contacted 3M via their website but I got a standard reply directing me to authorized distributors in the US who apply their paint protection film. Has any of you seen 3M's paint protection film in the form of such pre-cut sticker or any other similar protect that would do the job? Any information about who to contact to ask about this would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Johntal
    Silver 2006
    Nicosia, Cyprus

2. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johntal @ Sep 20 2006, 10:29 PM) [snapback]322707[/snapback]</div>
    The roof rack and luggage box is probably not a Toyota product. I would try to contact the manufaturer of the racks to get replacement film. You could try geting some similar film and cutting it but those type of things ar eusually diecut and unless the edges are clean they will peel from the wind.