1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3M protective film + exterior paint TST package - what to apply 1st?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by eae, Jun 20, 2006.

1. eae

eae New Member

Hi all,

We are picking up our new prius this week, and we would like to get an exterior paint/interior leather treatment (TST package) for our car (we have leather seats in beige color). We would also like to install the 3M paint protective film. Our question is which step should go 1st? The shop that does 3M film said we should get 3M film 1st, but the shop that does TST (exterior/interior treatment) says they should go 1st. we are confused. Pls help!

2. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

I'd do the clear bra first. The reason being the longer you drive the car without the bra the higher the chances that you'll start getting chips. It's not if it's just when you'll get them.

Ken

3. k2rm

k2rm New Member

Get the 3m film first. My 06 was 4 days old and the bumper had 3 chips in the paint AND THE PLASTIC underneath. The plastic used for the bumper facing is very soft and will damage easily.
    Nothing I can do about the damage but my 3M paint Protector will be installed tis Friday.

bob