1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3rd Gen 2010 no codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by OMr Khan, Mar 7, 2022.

1. OMr Khan

OMr Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hi Prius lovers hope you all doing great,

From past few weeks i am silently learning to improve my car by dealing with some common issue and fix's.

I am new with prius 3rd gen 2010 134k miles.

Recently had an issue with throttle body which is replaced by a hybrid guru. ( Same guru advised me to change hybrid battery for greater performance)

Now i am trying to monitor throttle through some scanners and found o2 sensors with zero current but no codes in scanner.

Atm car drives fine but i as a driver i can feel engine sound isn't smooth as it meant to be or its struggling to breathe changing spark plugs are next in mind last service was done around 5k miles. ( Oil & filters)

I am confused with all this data and readings please advise what to do next. Or how figured out the issue without spending allot and replacing everything.

( last photo)
    From December code had been clear without any research.

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    First thing I suggest to you is not to use this hybrid guru, he's out to empty your wallet.

Changing the hybrid battery before it fails is more of a preventive measure, but it will in no way help improve performance. I'd suggest you save up for the time when the replacement is needed, but there is no need to replace the battery prematurely.

ColoradoBoo likes this.