1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3rd Gen Prius at Chicago Auto Show question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Vondutch, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Vondutch

Vondutch New Member

First off: Hi everyone

I just came home from the Chicago Auto Show where my wife and I went specifically to see the 2010 Prius in-person and, wow, it's fantastic! In fact, next week I'm going to put my current car up for sale and get myself wait-listed for this 3rd Gen Prius. I'm really taken with it.

Anyway, I do have a quick question for anyone who may have been to the show and/or has any insider information:

At the show there's a silver, 2010 Prius with a white-ish leather interior up on a dais. Does anyone know what the official name of that paint color is going to be? I asked around the show, but no one there knew because it was not printed on their literature. All I was able to learn was that it's a "new silver" for either Toyota or the Prius or both.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this and i look forward to posting pics of my first/new Prius.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Exterior silver color for 2010 is Classic Silver Metallic. The light grey interior is called misty grey.

Here's a post with a link to a pdf file that shows interior colors available with which exterior color at the bottom. Keep in mind the packages shown are for pre order people only. Read around the site for all the info.

http://priuschat.com/forums/2010-toyota-prius/57974-2010-option-packages-pdf.html

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If it is a new color for the Prius, then it is not the Classic Silver Metallic. If it was one of the three cars that have been part of the Prius Connection road show (and it likely was), then it was the platinum version (fully-loaded, but no moonroof/solar panel) in a new color: Winter Grey Metallic. The interior is a two-tone leather called Misty Grey. Very light and very nice.

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah was it a dark or light color exterior? (The winter grey is dark and I wouldnt classify it as a silver personally) If it was light and they were certain that it was a new color then Canada must be getting a different silver than us. As 'a priori' said, that colors been around.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    but he's from chicago? lol

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Why did I think he went to a canadian reveal?! :confused: Damn, reading too many posts today Lol

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.

8. Vondutch

Vondutch New Member

it was a very, very light silver and though it was under bright lighting, it didn't appear to have a lot of metal-flake to it. I asked several of the people working the Toyota section and no one knew what it was. They did confirm, however, that it's (and I'm quoting here): "a new color" and also "it hasn't been given a name yet". I'm not inclined to believe that second quote, but then again, I've been wrong before.

To me at least, it was drop-dead gorgeous and I have to have one :)

Thanks everyone, for your replies, it's greatly appreciated and thank you also for the .PDF link Paradox

9. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Vondutch,

I'm confused. Everything else I've read and seen about the Chicago event indicates that they had the same 3 Priuses that had been shown at the previous events in Detroit, Washington DC and New York, i.e., the gold Prius with the bisque cloth interior, the blue Prius with the dark grey leather interior, and the dark grey Prius with the light grey leather interior.

See e.g., ggood's photos from the Chicago show:

Picasa Web Albums - Greg - Prius Connect...

Also, everything I've read about the silver color being offered on the 2010 Prius said that it's the same silver that's been on the Prius for the 2006 - 2009 model years.

EDIT #1: I now see that you went to the Chicago Auto Show, and not the special Prius Connection Chicago event. But if that's the case, then the silver you saw shouldn't be a new color. As I said above, from what I've read it's the same silver that's been on the Prius since 2006, i.e., Classic Silver Metallic.

EDIT #2: Is it possible that you saw the new white called Blizzard Pearl?

10. hntr467

hntr467 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hi everyone,

Yes, this is my first post, even though I've been "spying" on you for several days...lol. Anyway, I was at the Chicago Auto Show on Saturday, February 14th, and took a few pictures of the silver 2010 Prius on display. I too, really liked the silver color. I had several discussions with my wife about whether or not the bright spotlights made it look brighter, or lighter, than the previous silver used on the earlier (2008 & 2009) Prius'.
    I don't have any answers about whether or not it is a new color, but I've attached a few pictures for everyone to see for themselves. I just realized I only took three pictures, probably because I was too busy looking at it...lol. But my wife and I agree with the positive comments regarding the colors of the model on display.
    I was also surprised that these Prius' appear to be different than those at the special Chicago event that I learned about on the very evening it was taking place. At least I got to enjoy the photos provided by those who did attend that event. Thanks!

p.s. We also liked the "blue" Toyota symbol...lol

Attached Files:

11. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Didn't have that colour at Detroit, we had blue, beige and this colour

Attached Files:

12. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Link doesn't work, Pat, it requires a password for the site the image is hosted on.

13. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  14. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 99.99% certain that the silver is the Classic Silver Metallic that's been available on the Prius since 2006. Here's the Gen III Priority Option Packages and Color Choices Sheet put out by Toyota, showing Classic Silver Metallic as the only silver offered:

Attached Files: [​IMG] 2010 PackageSpecs.pdf

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah that's Classic Silver Metallic and it looks like a Prius V without options.

16. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

There should be two different 2010 Prius shown at the Chicago auto show, the same two shown in the Detroit and DC shows as well so far: one is Classic Silver Exterior, a Prius V package with advanced tech package and Nav, the other is a Blue Ribbon Metallic exterior (new for Prius). The Blue Ribbon is shown with a solar roof on it, but I would have to reconfirm interior options. Keep in mind, again, that these are pre-production units and are not always shown at shows as the final sales packages will be offered.

17. Vondutch

Vondutch New Member

Thank you Prius Team and thanks to everyone who replied. I'll use Classic Silver when I order mine (hopefully) next week!

You guys are awesome, thank you so much!

p.s. thanks for putting up the pictures from the show hntr467, it was great to see that car again.

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohh? It doesn't have the headlight washers so yeah, it's definitely not representative lol.

19. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ahh, so you are paying attention Tideland...you are correct, this particular V is missing the washers. Hence my note that these are prototypes and not necessarily 100% representative of the final product--don't want to mislead you. But, the washers come paired with the LEDs, not the advanced tech according to my notes. I just happen to know the Classic Silver V in the auto show circuit in the US has the advanced tech package and if there's a shot of the windshield, you should be able to see the LKA lens.

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha and I made the mistake in thinking LEDs were part of the Adv. Tech Pack, oops!

No worries, it also appears that the Canadian units (Prius #17!) may also be pre-production and non-representative. I'm looking forward to seeing the Canadian version this Sat.