1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

3rd Tank

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Walker1, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I filled up yesterday. 205 miles this trip. Car has 770 miles total now. About 90% highway @ 71 MPH average. On board computer said 48.0 & this time I filled until the 1st click shutoff. Then put gas in up to the next dollar. On paper it said 55 MPG. Last time I filled the car to the top & gas spit out. Next time I will stay with the 1st click to the next dollar method. I loved the 55 MPG, but next time will tell the story. Hopefully at least what the computer says.

The Prius is fun to drive. I couldn't believe how everybody in those gas guzzling SUV's were flying by us on the highway. You would think people would be sick & tired of GIVING their money away @ 6-14 MPG. I personally want my $$$ for more important things like toys, vacations, etc. Opinions vary. I never liked SUV's. I can never see when 1 of them is in front of me. Later. B)

2. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got spit at during the last fill-up. I had the setting on the slowest speed and there were a bunch of other people pumping at that station, so it was going really slow. You could see the price meter going $.01 at a time. After three or four minutes it got close to 8 gallons and I figured I needed seven so I grabbed the handle and it clicked off. As I pulled it out air bubbles were coming out and thus some gas was coming out too, only about a tablespoon.

Next time I'll go with the next fastest setting.