1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4 New Goodyear ComforTreds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bshef, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 2 front factory Goodyear Integrity's are dangerously worn on both the outside and inside edges, (over-inflation?) after 24k miles. :huh:

I just got word that my new ComforTred's just came in over at Sam's club ($345).
    Should get them installed tomorrow then I'll give a "1st impressions" report to those interested.

2. Pegasus_

Pegasus_ New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef @ Jun 25 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]467784[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like under-inflation! (Over-inflation would wear the center faster than the edges due to the bulge.) If you've been watching the pressure, then exercise the 36K warranty on the car or tires themselves! Return the new ones!

Definitely interested if you got them already.

3. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pegasus_ @ Jun 26 2007, 07:16 AM) [snapback]468229[/snapback]</div>

This situation totally "IRKs" me......
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    spoke with the local dealer service tech who suggest I would have to show "PROOF" of rotation every 5k miles. Not sure if I can produce that.

The irony is......I OVER-INFLATE for better gas mileage like has been suggested here. <HEAVY SIGH> WTH?.....