1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 4 Nexen CP672 - 195/65 R15 - Basically brand new - SoCal

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by newemi, Jun 6, 2014.

1. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Like the title says, I have four Nexen CP672 for sale 195/65 R15 $250 picked up. (Ontario, CA) Retail pricing on these tires is $75-85 each ($300-340 set).

The tires have 2,200 miles and are in perfect condition. The CP672 are UTQG rated to 460AA and had a 70k mile warranty. These are premium rate tires at cut rate pricing. The CP672 has the Michelin technology and quality (Nexen use to make the Michelins till they decided to focus on their own brand). More information can be found here: NEXEN Performance Tires

Reason I'm selling, I work for the manufacturer (nexen) and I am trying out a couple different tires on my personal car.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have any documentation to support your claim that Nexen made tires for Michelin? One is a French company, the other is a Korean company. Michelin is also the largest tire manufacturer in the world.

SM-N900P ?

#2 JC91006, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  3. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm here to sell a set of tires not to debate the quality of our tires. If you talk to anybody in the industry they will tell you the Nexen is a high quality tire.

But for arguments sake:
    - Nexen had a joint venture with Michelin for four years. :: NEXENTIRE ::
    - If you know anything about tires, you would know that company's will contract out private label, just as any other industry does. For example, Falken and Hercules (now owned by ATD) have no factory. They own their molds, but all their tires and made by other companies.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My apologies if I have offended you. This is a forum and what people are not familiar with, they will ask. I had no idea they had a joint venture in 1987 and ended the joint venture in 1991, more than 25 years ago, that's why I asked for your referenced information. I never questioned the quality of the Nexen brand, just wanted to know the source of your information.

5. kknguyen1168

kknguyen1168 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are these LRR tires?

6. drowssap

drowssap Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I had to think about this very hard to ask these questions in a way that I wouldn't sound like an as for doing so as I really did not understand your statement....So ...the two companies have not worked together in 25 years but your tires have the Michelin technology.....from 25 years ago? Do you have pics of the tires? I think forum rules state you have to post pics of actual item to protect from fraud occurring. Not trying to be difficult...genuinely interested but never heard of your tires!

7. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, these are not considered LRR.

8. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To answer your question, yes it has been awhile since we had our partnership with Michelin, however we have worked with Michelin as well as other manufacturers since then. It was about 2005 that we really broke off and said that we can do it alone. Nexen is #23 in the world for tire manufacturers, we may be small compared to the big four, but we still do $400 million in sales in the US, and $1bn in Total. While I can't transfer the warranty on these, the warranty from Nexen is second to none.

My apologies for not having pictures of the tires yet. I put them up here on a whim and haven't taken any pics. Please give me by tomorrow to do so.

9. newemi

newemi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sold... took just two hours on Craigslist to get full asking price.