1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4 Weeks too Long for Body Shop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JetAgeHobo, Nov 25, 2012.

1. JetAgeHobo

JetAgeHobo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got rear-ended in my '07 Prius the end of October. Damage wouldn't have been too bad probably, but had a Sportworks Transport 2 bike rack on the back of the car, (think Thule 917 on steroids) folded in the up position since no bikes were on at the time, and when the car was rear ended us it pushed the rack into the liftgate, rear tail lights, etc.

Note to readers, if you're using a platform bike rack, don't leave it on the car if bikes aren't on it, creates a heck of a mess if you get rear ended. This was a really nice rack, got a heck of a deal off Craigslist, and it's going to cost a ton to replace. The company was bought out by Thule a few years ago, and the 917 is not near a stout as this rack.

Car was drivable, but took it into the insurance company recommended body shop the end of October for estimate/repairs. Here it is almost 4 weeks later and haven't seen the car since. Getting "waiting for parts, Waiting for liftgate, be middle of next week. For the last 2 weeks. Now it's waiting to get painted.

Getting aggravated, because I want the car back. So then, I can sent it to the dealer to have the recalls taken care of. How long does that take? Will probably trade or sell it after all said and done, with all the other repairs and the fact it seems to be a target for numbskull drivers, this thing has bad karma I think.