1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

4000 remaining california clean air stickers?????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by j24816, May 26, 2006.

1. j24816

j24816 New Member

Took Sienna in for service, salesman who sold me my Prius chatted me up.

He said dealership just got word that only 4000 Clean Air stickers remained. He was vague on where information was coming from, but was adamant info was accurate.

This does not appear consistent with the threads which track Serial numbers of issued stickers.

I really hate contributing unverified rumor.....should I have kept this off the boards?

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Your post is fine. You qualified the source of the information so we can take it or ignore it as we choose. Personally I don't take much stock in car salesmen and their beliefs in matters like this.

3. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(j24816 @ May 26 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]261404[/snapback]</div>
    I wonder if Mr. Roadshow (Gary Richards) of the SJ Merc has a more accurate figure? The last time he discussed it in his column, he said that at current rates, the remaining stickers would last past Labor Day.
    I think I'd believe him before I'd believe what a car salesman says....

4. j24816

j24816 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ May 26 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]261506[/snapback]</div>
    Somewhere around Labor Day seems consistent with what is being posted and the burn rate. I would suspect that when the count gets to within a few thousand the media will pick up on it.

5. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

Well.. hmmm.. let me think....

What does the salesman have to benefit by telling you that there are only 4000 stickers left? Hmmmm

Geez.. I don't get it. Would it really help him if he can convince you to buy a car right away?

What? Salesmen are not always honest????!!!!

6. j24816

j24816 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ May 27 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]261708[/snapback]</div>

In this case, a knowledgeable buyer would know there was no need to rush to buy from this dealer.

4,000 stickers left to distribute.
    Current months allocation at this dealer is spoken for (1 Month+ waiting list)
    Since this dealer sends paper to DMV, ~ more month before a license plate # is issued
    (and DMV appears to be holding to requirement plate # is issued.)
    Current burn rate over last 3 months (from posts) is 3,000 per month, give or take.

All 4,000 remaining stickers will be issued before clean air application is sent, IF they buy here!

7. bicyclekitty

bicyclekitty New Member

I just got my HOV stickers in the mail this past Thursday, number 60058. This would suggest there are still close to 15k available, less however many already in the queue waiting (which can't be 11k!). Of course, all bets are off if they are not distributing the stickers sequentially.

8. matteo

matteo New Member

DMV cashed my check today. I sent it in 2 weeks ago.

I'll post the number when they get here.

I don't see how a dealer would know how many are left.

9. j24816

j24816 New Member

Department of Motor Vehicles spokesman Steve Haskins said that through Tuesday <June 6?>, the state has received 64,811 applications and issued 56,775 stickers.

The state's carpool-lane stickers will probably run out by the end of summer.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ve/14755573.htm

StanlwJohn posted the link in reference to total Hybrid sales (thank you!), some may be interested in the HOV application information.