1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$4K rebate for 2012 PIP when financing?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by rz1, Nov 24, 2012.

1. rz1

rz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Couple of dealers in my area tell me that if I finance a 2012 plugin (at 0% rate, 60 months), I will get $4000 rebate from Toyota, but no rebate if I pay cash.

Is this really the case, enforced by Toyota everywhere? Has anyone got the same rebate without financing.

Has anyone financed for this rebate? Are there hidden costs? Is there a penalty for paying off the loan early?

thanks.

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    There are no hidden cost and when I logged onto my Toyota Financial Services account the payoff was the exact amount I financed (my first payment isnt due to December)

Let your cash gain some interest/value while you have interest free use of Toyotas money for five years :)

3. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No penalty. I got the loan and paid it off within 3 weeks. No prepayment. Kind of dumb. But hey, if it gets you free money, then so be it.

You need good credit. Thats why they do it probably to have a higher average credit score they loan to, etc, etc.

4. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And you don't have to finance the whole car. You can just finance $5,000. At least in CA you could do that, but the rebate was only $1500 in Cali.

5. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, everything said here is correct :)

6. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  7. snow in moonlight

snow in moonlight New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    One
    What part of the country are you in?

8. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Anywhere on the east coast

9. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Offer ends 12/3/12, cannot be combined and is subject to availability. On approved credit from Toyota Financial Services. 0.0% APR financing for 60 months with $16.67 per $1,000 borrowed. Annual Percentage Rate available to buyers with approved Tier I+ through Tier I (excellent) credit through Toyota Financial. Down payment may be required. Varies by region. See participating dealer for details. $4,000 TFS finance cash on approved credit from Toyota Financial Services on the purchase of a new 2012 Prius Plug-in Hybrid model only. Must be applied to the transaction. No cash payment will be made to consumer. Offers may vary by region. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 12/3/12. *Covers normal factory scheduled service for 2 years or 25K miles, whichever comes first. The new Toyota vehicle cannot be part of a rental or commercial fleet or a livery or taxi vehicle. See participating dealer for complete plan details.
    Greater NY Toyota= Yes (Newark, NYC)
    Upstate NY Toyota= Yes (Buffalo, Albany)
    Connecticut Toyota= Yes (Hartford)
    New England Toyota= Yes (Boston, Prov. R. I.) $4,000 on Base $5,000 on Advanced (Offer not seen on TV)
    Tristate East Toyota ie Southern NJ $4,000 applied to lease only. 0% int for purchase
    Central Atlantic Toyota= No deal (Md, Va)

usbseawolf2000 and lensovet like this.
  10. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks James. That was much more thorough :)

11. G. G.

G. G. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Y
    YEs, that is what my dealer told me also. I had to finance to get the 4000 off. So, I just put the money in a separate bank account set up JUST for this car payment, and I'm going to get TOyota draw it's "payments" from that for 5 years. In the meantime, at 0 percent financing, I am collecting interest on the account and at the end of 5 years I will have a bit of cash to pocket for myself.
    GG

lensovet likes this.
  12. Big Dude

Big Dude Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Exactly. I got the same deal just two weeks ago tomorrow. Here is what I found out. You can have a big down payment. You do not need to finance the whole thing. I had a trade-in and plus about 10K cash and I still got the whole $4K subvention cash. In addition they told me that there is no prepayment penalty. But with 0% interest you make money by doing your plan. I just hate debt so I paid it down until my anxiety lowered to a manageable level.

13. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, but just think how great your credit score will be by paying on time.:D

14. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It's amazing how the deals are all over the place. It should be interesting when the car goes nationwide.