1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5,000K Oil Change & New Owner Event

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by bighouse, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, at around 4,600 miles a big rectangular sign lit up on my display and told me something about an oil change/service needed soon. In five days I'll be going to a "New Toyota Owner" appreciation event at the dealership so I guess I'll get there a little early and have the oil changed and tires rotated too. I have a free oil change coming from the dealership and they toss in a coupon for a free oil change for attendees of the event. This dealership sounds like they have a good service department (award winning, etc.) so I doubt there will be any issues regarding the oil type or overfilling, but should I check the oil level after they're done?

(I'll DEFINITELY wash it before I take it in and make sure to tell them to NOT wash it for me.)

I'm REALLY hoping I score some swag at the event like a Toyota baseball cap or something! Hey, anyone ever seen a Prius baseball cap?