1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$50.00 Penny

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by propking, Jan 31, 2006.

1. propking

propking New Member

I took my Pri in for an oil change today and while it was there I ask them to please find a rattling noise on the passenger side. This thing has been driving me up the wall and I could not locate the problem. So when I went to pick it up there was an extra $50.00 charge on the bill. Of course I told them my car still had a long time on the warranty so why did you charge me to fix the rattle. He instructed me to follow him to examine the back seat floorboard. On the floorboard was a shinny penny which he found under the seat in the seat track. It was almost impossible to see, he said it took him a while to find it. So now my $50.00 penny is sitting on my desk as a reminder to dig a little deeper next time.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I had a Monster Energy Drink rattle in the back for a few days. One of the kids had lodged my trash up under the passenger seat with their feet. First few cursory hand swipes did not catch it.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Deserves to be in a frame.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i've seen rocks in similar situations that are worth more... if it's any consolation. :)

(DH brought one home that he found caught in the engine cradle and caused the driver, 3 other techs at the dealer, the alignment machine and a bunch of casual observers no end of frustration)