1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

500 MW solar factory plant to be built in oregon.

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Mar 2, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Mar 2 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]399250[/snapback]</div>
    what is wrong with a german company building it?
    what is wrong with toyota doing something GM cannot - gainfully employ americans?
    boeing has a better chance on buying out airbus but wont touch it - bigger risk for airbus is russia owning a piece of it or an arab country buying a part of it and the technology transfers there and the loss of potential contracts with the US DoD. example of socialized countries owning private company and not having to answer to stock owners - complete disaster - A380 - are we betting it delivers even one? how many billions wasted on a status symbol :lol: kinda like their concorde :p

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 2 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]399257[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing.

While some americans hold pride in american ownership/ingenuity/capitalism, I don't. I don't care if UAE owns the ports. I don't care if China buys Chevron. I just point out the above because it's a sign of wealth being transferred away from america the mighty. Though we still are mighty at this time, if more and more multinationals out-innovate us then we might not be america the mighty forever. That's why I argued in another thread about america's losing it's hegemony. Which you replied, "Wrong." I'm sure there were a few brits a century ago who had the same notion about their country.