1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5000 miles (Aspen/Marco, FL,Aspen) some observations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by onelapper, Mar 13, 2004.

1. onelapper

onelapper New Member

Just returned from a long trip. Only saw one other 04 on the highway. Mileage plummeted to low 30s going and coming across Kansas (wind and speed my guess). Kansas had very agressive highway patrol, I watched them pick off several "rabbits" I was following (thank you Valentine). There is always someone who wants to drive faster than you.

I made the drive home in two days. Sirius radio was a godsend during those long hours. Several times I filled up at gas stations and the gauge and tank wouldn't permit a complete fill-up. Is this related to the bladder issue I have seen previously (not mine, the car's).

The Falken Ziex 512s in 195/60/15 were flawless and handled 500 miles of rain on the trip in, very well. According to specs, the speedo error for 195/60s should have been 1mph, however, the GPS indicated a consistent 3 mph higher than actual speed, so I am guessing the Prius speedo is a little optimistic.

I let several friends drive the car and two are now looking for one.

Drive safe, 2