1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. homerj742

homerj742 New Member

I'm going to the dealer to get an oil change/tire rotation. I usually go to Midas, but since they've changed management, I no longer trust them.

I know they're going to suggest a 50K service, what should I expect from something like this? What's recommended? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Toyota's recommendations are printed in the little booklet. Look at Galaxee's sticky thread (attached) listing what you do & don't need. If you ask for "service" you'll get the same treatment as the cow.

Attached Files:

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    There is very little special that needs to be done at 50k. Mostly the same as at any 5k interval (Oil, Oil filter and check for problems). Some of us do add a refresh of the transmission fluid (4 qts. of type WS ATF installed for about $100 at the dealer) at about this time (I did it for my 2004 at 60k and 120k miles) since we want to avoid ever having transmission problems in our Prii.

JeffD