1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Bowshock, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Bowshock

Bowshock New Member

Finally after owning the Prius for a couple of months we broke the 50 mpg mark. I think it had a lot to do with not having to have the AC cranked this last couple weeks with the cooler weather!!

The funny part is my wife called me from work to tell me we made 50+. She's slowing becoming one of us!! She will be assimilated, resistance is futile!!

Cheers!

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    When it cools down into the 80's, mid-high 50mpg will be easy to come by - especially if you run higher tire pressures (42/40). One tank, while babying the accelerator and max speeds of 65mph or so, I managed 58.9mpg overall, with a trip best of 62mpg. My commute is from Surprise to Tempe (Broadway Curve).

I too have noticed that the cooler weather increased my mpg to above 50. I keep my A/C at 78°F though.

3. HybridVigor

HybridVigor New Member

Phoenix commuting

I'm just starting the mile'ing craze, with a new Prius in August 2005, and although it seems like most of the posters on this board eagerly await summer as their chance to get the best mileage, I have a feeling that Fall and Spring will be best for me. I'm feeling very happy and confident with my mileage thusfar (two tanks) but the obsession has begun to drive me to strive for ever better MPGs, of course. I have a feeling that I'll want to boast of my first 60+ mpg tank when/if it comes, and the cooler the weather gets, the greater the likelyhood, by my guess. I'm learning what works best for me, driving Chandler, Tempe, and Scottsdale is to use the CC on I-10/US-60, etc with a speed set at the posted limit. The lack of hills makes pulse driving impractical, and the CC does a better job than I do at highway speeds. During the rush, I've been seeing good mileage using pulse and glide techniques. My current tank mileage "reads" 54.4 mpg, but I suspect it to actually be closer to 51. Either way it beats the snot out of the mileage my Tundra was getting at around 16-17!! Here's to cooler weather!

--Chris

4. BatPrius

BatPrius Former 2005 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I too am seeing better MPG on this tank of gas. Before the heat I was getting 52-54pmgs. In the heat it was around 47mpg. Right now I am at 50.5 on 175 miles on this tank of gas.

Yes, I am a mpg watching nerd.

We are about to hit the 5000 mark and I should check my tire pressure.

Sher