1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

55.5 Under demanding conditions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by jengstrm, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jengstrm

jengstrm New Member

I drive from Brooklyn to the Catskills weekly. Up and down hills, freeways, stop-and go traffic, CRAZY drivers that cut you off and destroy your momentum, etc. But I'm happy to say my new 2006 Prius is doing great in cold weather and I'm averaging 55.5 mpg over a 180 mile trip. HOORAY!

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat!

Great to hear that you are getting amazing mileage under those conditions and with a new car. I'm from Brooklyn too, but moved to Long Island because of work/school. I am currently doing 51MPG with my 15 mile commute (instead of 50 mile commute from Brooklyn).

Enjoy your car!

3. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome jengstrm.

Congrats on the great starting out mileage! I bet you can't wait to see what will happen in warmer weather! It is an amazing car, isn't it?!

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Thanks for buying a Prius, and welcome to PC!

As I just posted on another thread, hills (of the right size) are a Prius's best friend.

5. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Long Island here too. Where do you drive to in the Catskills?

6. agill

agill New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Its great that you are getting such a good mileage on your '06. I have been driving for just under a week now, and undertook my first long drive (320 miles roundtrip) yesterday.
    I am getting about 44 MPG as of yet. My MPG took a real hit yesterday since we were driving back in really bad weather. It was snowing, and we had to travel about 40 miles on unplowed highway at about 35-45 miles per hour, and it was raining before that.
    Hopefully i should see better MPGs as the weather improves.