1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5k miles and multiple noises.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NavyScotty, Apr 29, 2009.

1. NavyScotty

NavyScotty New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey,
    I have a 2008 Prius that is experiencing a few abnormal noises.
    When I "powered down" my Prius tonight, I had 5651 mi on the ODO.
    Most have been highway miles. I have no modifications. The only difference in my car from how I recieved it has been the gas in the tank. ;-)

1. I hear a "chirping" noise coming from what sounds like the rear-suspension. This occurs at highway speeds when going over a bump or when traveling slow speeds AND turning over uneven pavement.
    Sounds like what I am used to hearing from suspension parts being worn out. But at 5k miles????

2. Rubbing noise- slow speed. maybe front tires?
    http://priuschat.com/forums/care-maintenance-troubleshooting/47138-wierd-noises.html

3. rattling from interior components/finishes?
    Coming from lower drivers side door and maybe passenger footwells. Is this common in Toyotas? My 10 year old Camaro would seem to be better than this Prius in that respect. Or is my Prius abnormal?

Any suggestions on how to solve these problems, potential causes, or stories of this being:
    a) common
    b) the exception to normal Prius
    would be appreciated.
    I'll take my car into the dealer on Monday. It is still under warranty. Thanks!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Just in case you haven't done this you could check if any foreign objects such as branches got caught in the under side of the car. Good luck.

4. van-island

van-island New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I also have the interior rattling noise. I have poked around a bit and it seems that the door speaker mount is loose. I will try to tighten it and see what happens.