1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

5x100 to 5x114.3 - has anyone used this wheel adapter?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Derek_M, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Derek_M

Derek_M Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    PriusChat - 1st off, by far one of the most informative forums I've ever ran across. Almost every question I've asked myself, I've been able to find an answer here. The following mods that I've done to my 2011 have all come from the help of the PriusChat community:

rocker moldings
    HID headlight install
    OEM fog light install / HID fog light install
    LED interior install
    Tenabe strut bar install
    H Tech lowering spring install

I’ve never worked on a car until I purchased this Prius last summer.

My previous car was a Cadillac Escalade on 24's so I'm really feeling the full look when it comes to wheels...MPG's will take a hit but coming from 11mpg with the LAC to averaging 45mpg with the Prius; 5-7mpg loss is cool with me...I know someone that's selling some 19's at a pretty decent price and wanted to jump on the opportunity. Problem is, the 2011 pattern is a 5X100 where as the rims for sale are a 5x114.3...my concern isn't the back, because the adapter that I found on ebay measures at an 25mm which should give me the clearance...my concern is the front...i currently have my stock wheels on and it doesn't look like there's much room to work with if I add an additional 25mm. The wheels offsets are +40...I've seen on ebay that there is a 5x114.3 adapter at 15mm thickness but even that doesn't look short enough...

I’ve seen a few Prius’ on this site that have 19’s but I’m guessing the bolt pattern was 5x100 since it wasn’t mentioned

If there's anyone that's done something like this, your experience and advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Derek_M

Derek_M Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For the 136 folks that checked out the thread...

I bought two 1 inch spacers for $50 on ebay and test fitted the rims...the rims fit fine in the rear with a pretty flush look but in the front they, stuck out about 15mm...as suspected, I would need a 15mm adapter (since these are the smallest ones i've seen) to make this possibly work and look right...

I've opted NOT to purchase the rims because 19's looked a little to big, I've seen people with 19's on their cars and they look pretty good...it may have been the rims, or it may have been my springs (H TECH's)...19's would probably sit better with coils that way you can dictate the drop...

Anyhow, I've closed the book and purchased Enkei EKM3 HyperSilver 18' 7.5 with the 2011 Prius bolt pattern. I'll post a picture in the wheels thread that's circulating here when I get them mounted

Happy modding!

photo1.JPG