1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 5X100 Wheels - OEM rims - Steelies - 6Jx15 ET45 (West Coast)

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by SFO, Apr 12, 2018.

1. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking to downgrade from 16" Touring rims, as I am feeling the need for different tire options :cool:

Do you have an old set of 15's laying around, in the way or collecting dust?

• With or without tires, they don't even need to have wheel covers or hub caps. ;)
    • Non-functioning TPMS, no problem as I was looking to pick up new ones or just roll without :eek:
    • Cosmetically they can be rough, but should be round/true and mostly match (y)
    Not looking to spend a bunch on wheels, just need a set of usable 15s :whistle:

The wheels might look like these images below, but could look like anything really :)

Gen2 15"
    [​IMG]

Gen3 15"
    [​IMG]

5x100 Steelies
    [​IMG]

RMB and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe @gta_ can ring a bell? ;) Just trying to help.

SFO, gta_ and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    upload_2018-4-12_18-40-56.png

If you're going to get steel rims, try to get Toyota Corolla rims: they have the correct hub opening, no adapter rim needed, and 5 (no more, lol) bolt holes. You can fashion a makeshift hub cap with a 2" ABS pipe End Cap (plumbing piece, readily available, has I.D. of 2.375"). The cap will be a slightly loose fit, but push a rubber band cut from a bicycle innertube over the centre opening rim, and it works pretty good.

Some info:

Corolla steel rim, part no: 42611-02471 (2003-2008 corolla or matrix, CE, LS, S)
    steel rim lug nuts, part no: 90942-01007 (plain, open-ended, galvanized)

SFO likes this.
  4. gta_

gta_ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks @RMB !

@SFO I believe you liked my for sale post that I have a set of the OEM 15s for a Gen 2 as pictured above. 2 Need tires for sure, 2 would be good for a bit. No center caps, 3 of the 4 trim rings (I think lol). 1 of the 4 TPMS is dead, 1 was replaced when I got my Prius in Sept 2016. I was asking $100, but thats OBO, so make me an offer and lets get them out of my garage haha. I live in Tracy, but work in Dublin, so I'm sure we could figure out a place to meet up.

RMB, SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. gta_

gta_ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have a post up on Craigslist right now for your touring wheels? Lol :D Saw someone on there as I was browsing that is looking to sell their Touring once they get some 15 to replace them and it made me go hmmmm.... lol.

6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No tire kickers, yet :whistle:

gta_ and Raytheeagle like this.