1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6’6 and rode in the 2023 Prius Prime.

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Barsoapguy, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Barsoapguy

Barsoapguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was SO excited when I saw my dealership was using one as a courtesy vehicle!!! I was like GET THE DRIVER!!! GET THE DRIVER! ( ok not really but it felt like a long ten minute wait for him)

turned out it was a Prius Prime, I did the whole exterior walk around *whistles*

Then I sat in the passenger side seat and immediately knew this was never going to work for me (lack of headroom) .The car is tighter feeling on the inside, pillars are large, back window seemed small in terms of visibility.

Even the interior seemed less impressive than then the Gen 4 model I drive. I think they should have kept the center console setup.

while the car is technically more impressive and the outside way WAY more flashy than a Gen 4, I don’t think it would make a comfortable daily driver.

It’s a good thing the cars are built to last, I should be able to keep rolling until Gen 6 I guess.

2. Barsoapguy

Barsoapguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was SO excited when I saw my dealership was using one as a courtesy vehicle!!! I was like GET THE DRIVER!!! GET THE DRIVER! ( ok not really but it felt like a long ten minute wait for him)

turned out it was a Prius Prime, I did the whole exterior walk around *whistles*

Then I sat in the passenger side seat and immediately knew this was never going to work for me (lack of headroom) .The car is tighter feeling on the inside, pillars are large, back window seemed small in terms of visibility.

Even the interior seemed less impressive than then the Gen 4 model I drive. I think they should have kept the center console setup.

while the car is technically more impressive and the outside way WAY more flashy than a Gen 4, I don’t think it would make a comfortable daily driver.

It’s a good thing the cars are built to last, I should be able to keep rolling until Gen 6 I guess.

Gokhan and bisco like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gen 6 will be the size of a smart car :p

Gokhan likes this.
  4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Gen 6 concept prototype;

Screenshot_2023-11-25-14-37-04-40_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    ;)

Gokhan likes this.
  5. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    You should be able to fit fine. There's a 6'8 guy that drives the new Prius and several people in the 6'5-6'6 range.

Step 1: Seat all the way to the floor (obviously)
    Step 2: Recline the seat back a couple clicks beyond normal.

Bingo! You'll have inches of room above your head - like magic!

Leg room on the other hand is INCREDIBLE. With the seat slid all the way back I can barely touch the pedals (I'm 6'3"). I'm guessing 6'10 legs could fit in the G5. I don't know about the head unless he reclined way back.

douglasjre likes this.
  6. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Driver seat has ability to go up/down. Others do not. I'd be surprised if you did not have headroom on driver side w adjustment of seat

Preebee likes this.
  7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Merged threads. I've left the 2nd post as a duplicate because of the likes. I can't delete the first post cause then the thread will be deleted. No need to report the 2nd post.

Preebee likes this.