1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 Disc Change Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by streyle, Jul 29, 2004.

1. streyle

streyle New Member

I've been looking at the basic package #6, but would also like to get the premium audio system. Anyone know if the $589 added for the 6 disc changer also includes the upgraded audio (JBL) system?

If not, how do people feel about the basic system?

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Nope, JBL is NOT part of the "add-on" 6-disc changer I have. (it was installed in the pocket below the stock CD player so I have a 7 CD system.) I, for one, think the stock system rocks, and I listen to punk rock, so be your own judge there. I am considering a subwoofer install in the rear storage bin. I've always had subs in my cars and think it would be a logical upgrade. Someone in Hawaii has had one built with pics and everything, here on PriusChat. I believe the JBL 'upgraded' system would have the cassette/6-disc changer unit in the stock location, with the 'pocket' below being used as storage. Love my Prius!

3. streyle

streyle New Member

well the dealer just confirmed this to me as well.

oh well, so i placed an order with one delaer for package #6, although I don't think they still deliver this one.

4. Tom Z.

Tom Z. New Member

I agree with Finman in that I think the stock basic system "rocks". Granted, I'm not an audio connoisseur, but it sounds infinitely better than the stock 2-speaker tape deck I have in my '93 Toyota pickup.