1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 disc install in single disc car?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by goatkeeper, Mar 1, 2008.

1. goatkeeper

goatkeeper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Help! Can I install a 2004 factory 6 disc player into a 2004 single disc car? Are the connections the same? Will there be issues with the display? Can I purchase a harness to solve issues, if there are any? Does the 6 disc have the amp attached/integral or remote? Will speakers work with 6 disc?
    I am not a music connoisseur, but 1 cd at a time creates dangerous driving!!!
    Thanks! Jimmy

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    the short answer...yes.

I've the basic non-jbl system (no factory amp) and there's a port at the back of the cd-player that u plug the 6-disc into. The cable should come with the factory six disc, pretty straight forward install. The unit itself goes below the single play CD, replacing the storage 'pocket'.

I know u had other questions, but that's what I know and it's worked in our other 2005 Prius just fine for 2 years (originally it was in my 2004, then I swapped it into her 2005 and I went iPod).