1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 months and no Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lankylou, May 8, 2006.

1. lankylou

lankylou New Member

Help! After a six month wait, I’m still waiting for my new Prius.

I placed my order for a new Prius on November 18, 2005, complete with my $500 deposit. The car was supposed to arrive March 13 or 14. On March 15 the dealer called to tell me the car had been destroyed in a hail storm in Kansas City. He said he would try to get a replacement through his district manager (Kansas City region). About a week later he told me he thought he had located a replacement that would arrive the end of April. Towards the end of April I contacted him again – the car had “disappeared.†At this point, my original order (replacement) is still another 2 months off.

We would like a Barcelona Red Metallic, and at this point would accept any of packages 4 -7. The dealer has a Driftwood Pearl, package 7 on the lot right now, which I can have. We’re not crazy about the color, really like the Barcelona Red, but after this long time are tempted to take it. A bird in the hand….. I have until tomorrow morning (May 9, my birthday) to tell the dealer yes or no on the Driftwood Pearl. Any ideas out there? I’m located in SE South Dakota, between Sioux City, IA and Sioux Falls, SD. Any Barcelona Red pkg 4-7 located within a reasonable distance would be ok (Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City, even Denver where my daughter lives.
    Lanky Lou

2. aubergaz

aubergaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lankylou @ May 8 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]251734[/snapback]</div>

While I don't want to overstate the obvious, you clearly have access to the internet or you wouldn't be here.

From Toyota's own website you can go to the dealer locator. They will usually provide a computer link to each dealership in the area you specify. Most, if not all, have a 'new inventory' option.

Simply specify Prius and you may get what they have or have been allocated in the near term.

At the very least you'll have a good listing of dealerships. You can generally discern the package from the price shown, even if they don't specify it.

You could also try going on ebay. While you might not want to buy it that way, you can use the advanced search option and specify a location and then ask only for 06 Prius with the package or color you want.

If you get a hit, it will probably show the dealership info so you can give them a call.

Hopefully that will help. You can always call my dealership, Avondale Toyota. After a SD winter, a quick trip to Phoenix may be a nice change. I'd hurry though. We are supposed to be over 100 by the end of the week. :)

3. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

If you need a new Prius, I can find you one that you can possess within 6-8 weeks in the Chicago area.

4. unruhly

unruhly New Member

According to their website, there's a B-red #7 in stock where I bought mine. They will discount for an internet deal which could save you enough money for a plane ticket. You could have your new Prius by the weekend!

http://toyota.shelor.com/New-Inventory.asp...toryId=11461084

Ask for Kathy Sweeny. She's the internet sales person.

5. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ May 9 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]252080[/snapback]</div>
    Yesterday, I was fooling around and entering random zip codes on the toyota.com Web site. I wanted to see what packages were available in different parts of the country. I came across a dealer in Laredo, TX, that had about a dozen Prii in stock.

6. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Hi Snow!
    I used to live in Centerville. I left there and moved to Charlotte NC, and now am back in Virginia. (Lynchburg) I miss NoVa, but not the traffic.

Welcome to PriusChat and I hope you get your car soon!

7. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I contacted the fleet managers of dealerships within a 500 mile radius of my home and found exactly what I wanted.

I also founds that EVERY dealership's new car inventory list on their website was not accurate. Many still listed cars that they no longer had. I would contact the fleet or internet managers directly.

8. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unruhly @ May 9 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]252094[/snapback]</div>
    Hi back.

My Prius is due in between this Thursday and next Tuesday. My dealer already gave me the VIN, so it seems like it's really going to happen.

We had quite a bit of excitement in Centreville yesterday. The fatal shooting of a Fairfax County police officer at a police station was less than a mile from my home.

And yes, the traffic in NoVa sucks. I work in DC. When I get my Prius, I'll be in the HOV lane on I-66, whizzing by the parade of SUVs and loving life.

9. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nmrickie @ May 9 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]252095[/snapback]</div>
    Yea! You will have it soon. I'm work in Chantilly and got my car there. There was no wait, the exact color I wanted and package arrived the same day I went in to do the deposit.