1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

6 mos. with nothing to show at Northbrook Toyota

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Peter1st, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

Ordered my Seaside Pearl BC on Oct 4, 2003 from Northbrook Toyota in Northbrook Il. gave them $ 1,000.00 and was guaranteed delivery between Apr. 1-15. At the time the 2004 Prius was not even in the showroom and mine was their 11th order and if I remember correctly, there were about 11,000 vehicles preordered at the time.

Dealer says my order is nowhere in sight and places blame on Toyota. I am a longtime satisfied Lexus owner and placed my order because I trusted in Toyota.

Needless to say,after 6 months, I am very disappointed !

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Nowhere in sight? Pretty strange, I'd say, after having ordered at the beginning of October and being 11th on the list at that time.

I assume you've moved up on the list, though. Has Northbrook provided you with an update in that regard?

3. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

I am supposedly No 1 on their list. If I show up on a future allocation list, it will be another 3 weeks for delivery. SOMEONE GOOFED. Never underestimate the profit motive. PETER

4. jdb-44

jdb-44 Junior Member

Dude, you're scaring me. I ordered a BC silver on about 1/17/04, and last I heard I was around 34 on the wait list. They only asked for a $500 deposit. As far as wait time is concerned, they said six months, as a safe conservative estimate. And here I find you ordered yours almost three months before, supposedly before the huge backlog of orders occurred--and you still don't have it? Yikes.

Maybe I'll get mine by 2006. :(

May I ask who your salesperson was? Mine was Donna Moll, and she has been very nice.

Jared

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Sorry, but, "safe conservative estimate"? I mean, that estimate works out to an allocation of close to 6 per month. From the situation Peter described, it certainly doesn't appear as if they're getting anywhere near that many (more like 2 or 3 per month). Of course, one can always hope the situation will improve.

6. krooster1234

krooster1234 New Member

I'm scared too.... I placed my second deposit at Northbrook Toyota mid-November, the salesman said I'd have the car by February 1st the LATEST. Now, he's estimating May delivery.

I initially placed an order with Bredermann Toyota in October, was told mid-November delivery. Now, they say May delivery as well.

Oh well, I'm just glad I have a car to drive in the meantime. At least I know now that estimates given by dealers are based on absolutely no factual information, either that or they're based on REALLY sketchy information.

-Kevin

7. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

Having been offered BLACK which I turned down, I am now told that they will call me this weekend which is when they receive their next allocation list.
    No appologies, no "I'm sorry"; they keep saying what a great car Prius is and how strong the demand is. "Read such and such a magazine and find out how many people want this car." My garage is still empty - maybe I should line it with magazine articles.
    PETER

8. tag

tag Senior Member

Well, on the bright side, at least they've offered you a car and they've been calling! I wish I could say the same.

Maybe you'll get lucky this weekend...............I mean, in terms of good news with respect to getting your Prius soon. :D

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, either way :) I just don't know how well a date would react to your garage being lined with articles of the Prius - they might think you're a Prius Assassin or something.

10. Larry

Larry New Member

I am short on time so I will keep this brief. I started in Chicago area, and got all kinds of bad guarantees also. Ended up finding a car (not the one I longed for) in Wisconsin. Just hang in there.

On another note, I just spoke with one of those dealers in the area. He has a White Prius available (or soon to be available) in Pkg 3. He stated that the cost is $22,524 - which is $1000 over sticker per him. I warned him that several people don't take kindly to this pricing, but some others might want it. I personnally have no financial interet in this, just passing along info.

His name is Dennis Mascari of Grossinger Toyota and he can be reached at 847-675-7100.

11. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

Happy ending! Just received call and I am on thre next appropriation due to land on 4-13-04 due in Chicago about 4-23-04. Over-and-out
    PETER

12. miniracer

miniracer New Member

Well, don't leave us hanging. Do you have your Prius? Is life good now?

:clap:

13. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

Not yet! Car is supposedly in West Chicago and ordered to be hot-loaded to the dealer. Dealer wants to complete sale this month - says it will affect his quota. Needless to say- he wants his money now because I'm leaving town on Wednesday. hope I do'nt return to a dead battery car!

PETER

14. Peter1st

Peter1st New Member

Am promised my car today! Problem is, am leaving to Europe for two weeks
    tomorrow. Joy and relief nevertheless.

PETER