1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

#6 Tideland Pearl-1 on 1/31, 1 on 5/08

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by greensea, May 31, 2004.

1. greensea

greensea New Member

I'm in Nyack, NY, and placed an order on 1/31 with Paul Miller Toyota for a Package 6, Tideland Pearl. I was told 6 to 8 months, and was willing to wait that long. At the end of April, when I called to check, I was then told that I wouldn't even get the car this year. I'm only 6th on the list, but they said they are only getting one car every six to eight weeks. I placed another order with a dealer further upstate (Prestige Toyota in Kingston, NY), hoping that in a more rural area it wouldn't be so bad, but they said about a year also. Still, with two orders, I'm hoping one will come through sooner. Still, it just makes no sense how in some areas of the country, people can get them in a few weeks, and in others it's a year or more.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    from what i understand, the allotment of new cars is
    based on the sales for the previous year or something
    along those lines. from reading the posts here, its
    obvious that certain areas like D.C. and SoCal seem to
    get a bigger share. My dealer gets 3-5 every two weeks
    but their waiting list is just as long.

3. greensea

greensea New Member

Finally got one - but not the #6 Tideland

Just picked up my Prius today. But it wasn't a Tideland #6, nor was it at either of the dealers with whom I placed orders. In mid-July, a man contacted me through a Prius Yahoo chat group I belong to, and told me of a #4 Salsa Red that was available at Bob Massie Toyota in Pennsylvania. We called them on the 21st, and were quoted MSRP and told it would be there in about a month. We put down a deposit, and today I picked it up and we drove it home. I live a little north of NYC, but we had been visiting my daughter in college in Buffalo NY, so we just made a detour and went down to Pittsburgh to pick it up. It's absolutely beautiful. They even took a personal check! Bob Massie Toyota is a great dealer - honest, true to their word, and professional. On the 375 mile trip home, I averaged 46 mpg.

Sabrina

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    congrats on the new addition to the family!!!

i have no doubt that your Prius will make you as happy as mine has made me.

The Prius is the future in automobile technology.