1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

60,000 mile maintenance

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by rock386, May 1, 2006.

1. rock386

rock386 New Member

Does anyone recommend a South Bay dealership for honest maintenance and good prices for 2002 Prius? What were the services provided and were there any unexpected maintenance issues? Has anyone found a good local garage for service?

2. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    We take all our cars, including the Prius to Michael & Co, 351 Lincoln Ave, San Jose. Phone # 408-286-2988. Website - http://www.michaelandcompany.com/ They are near W San Carlos, near downtown.

They aren't the cheapest, I actually pay more for each check up than I would at Toyota, but they are honest. When they say they've thoroughly inspected the car, they've done so. Nice when the car is brand new, and you want to be sure everything is ok, and also when the car gets a little older and cranky.

At least one of their guys has gone thru Toyota Hybrid Mechanics training. They seem to know their stuff.

They've always gotten high ratings from those service rating firms. And their lot is always full of cars and trucks of all kinds. Always a good sign. B)

Haven't actually taken it to a Toyota Dealer yet. They didn't have synthetic oil and thought I was crazy for wanting anything other than the standard stuff in their bulk tank. :rolleyes: