1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

70-700

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by singingtiger, Sep 18, 2006.

1. singingtiger

singingtiger New Member

I recently accomplished one of my goals--the 70-700. That is on one tank actual MPG 70 and 700 miles.
    My actual stats were 71.8 actual MPG, 73.3 MFD, 9.916 gallons and 712 miles.
    :blink:
    Now with the first winter driving conditions started [yellow snowflake and driving through snow] I await next summer to try again.

2. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's very good! What were your driving conditions? Did you have a strategy? (ie. P&G or something)

I'm hoping you'll say "I just drove it!" :lol:

3. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nobody "just drives it" and gets 70 mpg ... esp. in CO. That's great FE. :D

4. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    No fair! You simply can not make a post like that, let alone start a thread this way, without some explanation of how you got there. As my pesky old OCD algegra teacher used to say, "show your work!"

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Great job!! This tank I'm really trying to get to 70 before the real cold weather gets to Chicago. I'm stuck at about 69.3 MPG with 490 miles on this tank, I'll easily make 700 miles. Temp was 55 this morning, but I maintained the MPG even with some bad traffic. I think I need a week of warm weather.

Wayne

6. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Would love to get some driving strategies from your guys. How hard to you accelerate? What's your pulse speed? and glide speed?

I accelerate to where all the arrows from the ICE go to the wheels and the battery is not used, I accelearte up to 40mph and then glide down to 30 where I can. I struggle to keep 55mpg (with 42/40 psi).

There is clearly things I can improve. Please help!

7. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All right, I'm going to regard all extremely high mileage claims as bogus unless accompanied by a screenshot of your MFD! Would you guys believe I recently reached my holy grail of 80-800?

I get 48mpg without P&G - I'm always in stop & go traffic during my commute, so I don't employ any special techniques. I don't think I would P&G anyway since it would probably drive me nuts! :blink:

8. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ari, I don't know about singingtiger but if you go to page 11 of the "I beat the EPA" thread you will find a post from me for a 65+ MPG tank with 765 miles. Picture got deleted with the crash but you can ask moderator TonyPSchafer who took a picture of my MFD for a copy. Heck ask Danny himself, he saw it too. I detail some of what my conditions were and I do not really "pulse and glide", but I do glide a lot in the stop and go inner city traffic I face. Any pulse I get is from the stop light or stop sign.

Wayne

9. singingtiger

singingtiger New Member

Attached should be a "viewable" digital camera shot for the above skeptics. I have been delayed in adding this because just before I filled up the tank I took what I thought was a couple digital camera pictures of my MFD.

However, after downloading into my computer I discovered that I accidentally set my digital camera to the movie mode and thus my pictures were in movie form {AVI} and I could not change into any video picture form. I finally used my movie maker program to forward to the last frame, enlarged it full screen, turned off digital camera flash and took another "picture" from my computer screen. It came out as jpeg. Wow lots of work and in the future I will check to see that my camera is not in the movie mode!
    :unsure: [attachmentid=5068]

Attached Files:

10. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Even the fuzzy pic is good enough for me! :D