1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

800 mile tank

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by VABeachPrius, Oct 26, 2006.

1. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry for creating a new thread; I hit the wrong button.

Yes, I filled up. When I was at 750ish miles, I read a lot on how many miles to go on the last pip. I was wondering the whole time when I would run out of gas. My calc's told me I had a while to go before I "should" run out. By the way, I went about 85 miles with a blinking pip.

I pumped 11.437 gallons of gas, but I pumped past the click about three times. Who knows why. I will fill up Tuesday to complete the month and the mileage there will be higher than normal becuase I think I overfilled it this time. If I am going to overfill; it should be on the first tank of the month.

800.1/11.437 = 69.95 mpg.

900 miles per tank . . . . . . . :huh:

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    At this point we're all extremely impressed (and highly jealous)... and while 900 seems like the next step, i won't be impressed again until you break 1000 :p

Once again, congrats, i wish i could get mileage like that...

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so you went 800.1 miles?
    nice.

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

WOW! Yes I think we all need to start looking for 1000 double our normal 500 miles.

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Holy crap! I'm ecstatic when I hit 500 a gallon. Congrats. Jealous!

6. chimohio

chimohio New Member

Wow. The best I've seen is 460 miles and its dropped off since. My drive is relatively flat but several RR track crossing, a double 90 degree turn, small town to go through, etc. MY current tank is at 47 mpg and pretty steady - the block heater seems to help on the colder mornings - before I started using it I would see a drop in mileage every morning till the car warmed up.
    Your record is something to strive for.

7. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can do it was well. It takes me about 25% more time to get to and from work or basically wherever I want to go. Try an experiment. Find a road with a 35 mph speed limit w/ little traffic. Accelerate up to 38 mph with an instaneous mpg of 25-30 mpg, then glide down to about 25 mph and repeat. Check your tire pressure first. Do this for five minutes. If you accelerate for .1 miles at 25 mpg and coast for .3; you will have acheived 100 mpg for the .4 miles traveled. Possible without traffic.

At your 47 mpg, you must be on the freeway about 80% of the time. I didn't take the freeway once with that 800 mile tank. There would be no way in he** I could do that if I drove a lot on the freeway.

Thanks,

Chris