1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9.1 nav update, defeat motion lockout, help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dperry, Jan 18, 2010.

1. dperry

dperry New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2004 prius and just installed the 9.1 nav upgrade. (released September 2009) As you all know, the defeat nav system lockout while moving no longer works.

I am familiar with the "cut the wire and install a switch approach", and will go back to that if I can't find a better solution.

Is anyone familiar with a hack that I can access from the screen? I am able to get into multiple service menues but none of them have an over-ride that works the nav system lockout. Can someone tell me if there is in fact a newer approach to getting around the on-the-move problem? I've called Coastal and they said they have nothing and to call back in 3 months. I would appreciate any help here,

All the post I've seen so far, are older than the september '09 firmware update that is included within the DVD.

Thanks
    Don