1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9/11 Conspiracy Theory Vaporized

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by airportkid, Nov 20, 2006.

1. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There's been a lot of speculation that, because little crash debris was found at the pentagon, no airliner hit the building. While such speculation has given rise to the very plausible theory that the gov't trapped a rogue meteor and flung it at the pentagon, such a reasonable surmise risks contradiction by actual evidence. The attached clip from old air force archives answers the "missing debris" issue pretty "concretely" (if you'll excuse the pun). The McDonnell F4 in the clip has a somewhat different airframe than an airliner's: it's much stronger, built to withstand high G combat maneuvers and survive battle damage, so it probably fared better in its encounter with the wall than an airliner would have.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

Attached Files:

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Mark, never let facts get in the way of a good story. (I think I just heard Elvis whisper that in the booth next to me)

3. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Nov 20 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]352282[/snapback]</div>
    Always an excellent credo, Karl, but every now & then, against all odds, the facts make a better story, surprising everyone! Elvis told me that himself, when we met for lunch the other week. Wise guy, that Elvis!

Incidentally, congratulations on your retirement!!

Mark

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Nov 20 2006, 10:51 AM) [snapback]352172[/snapback]</div>
    HOLYCOW!!!

I believe that I read somewhere that the wall had recently been fortified/strengthened also. I assume that the F4 still had the engines inside?

Wildkow