1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9/11 God Bless America

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 11, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wanted to take a moment and remember all my neighbors and friends who were murdered six years ago today. Innocent people who went to work that morning to make their lives and their families better - who had all their tomorrows stolen from them. The 3,000 who were murdered and the tens of thousands whose lives were directly affected by their deaths.

My neighbors son who sat by the front window for six weeks waiting for his father to come home -

My friend who was able to bury only a small fragment of her husbands jaw -

To those who jumped from a quarter mile high in the sky instead of burning to death - those pictures will remain forever with me.

The horror of that day - of seeing the towers burning, of seeing them fall, of running towards the pit to rescue my daughter. Of the terror that gripped the streets as the attacks continued - the real and rumored ones. Of seeing the smoke rise from the pit for what seemed to be forever. Of the firehouse next to my office draped in black bunting with hundreds of candles and flowers - who lost ten firefighters and both ladder trucks. Of watching the endless procession of construction trucks emptying the remnants of the towers.

God Bless those who perished and their loved ones. God Bless the United States of America. May we remain vigilant. May those who did this to us, may those who plot to harm us realize that they will find no safety or security anywhere in this world.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It was nice this morning, we had a minute of silence in remembrence of 9/11..

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    another anniversary of a tragic day. we were all affected, but i'm sure emotions are far stronger in ny today.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    *edited by moderator*

Attached Files:

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 11 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]510657[/snapback]</div>
    I look at this as a very unique anniversary - a foreign entity attacked us on our home soil on multiple fronts killing thousands of innocent americans. this is not just another anniversary of a tragic day. emotions are strong - and they should be.

Some of us look at this as a continuation of a war - a small battle that we lost on that particular day - and it serves me as a reminder of what could happen again if we let our guard down - they have been and will always be people who want America to disappear.

6. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nicely said David.

"Meanwhile Demoncrats on the Hill criticized Bush for this "Moment of Silence" citing a loss in productivity, infringement of Constitutional rights, and violation of the separation of State and Church."

Totally inappropriate Kow. A nicely worded remembrance we could all agree on, only to be sullied by trollish crap. Thanks.

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 11 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]510674[/snapback]</div>
    I am taken by the silence this post has generated. Not that anyone has to say anything, but my thoughts were people would recognize what today means to ALL Americans and express themselves - the expression of silence is as meaningful to me though.

8. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 11 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]510756[/snapback]</div>
    I read what you wrote and I empathize with the initial sentiments. However, the way you end it took away the positive feelings of remembrance and acknowledgement and replaced them with feelings of revenge and further killing.

I personally am exhausted of hearing people using the memory of 9/11 to stoke and engender further hate. I agree we should remain vigilant and bring those responsible to justice. But maybe you should have ended your paragraph with:

Peace for all!

9. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Had to pull the string didn't you?