1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9/11 We Will Never Forget

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s"]YouTube - September 11, 2001 - As It Happened - The South Tower Attack[/ame]

[​IMG]

I Will Not Submit​

1 person likes this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Unbelievably there are people (citizens) out there that think we got exactly what we deserved. Sad.
    I was on my way to work that morning (~6:30) when I heard the first report. I remember how slow motion everything seemed to get.

1 person likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i will never forget, and the only thing i can do is vote for people who are part of the solution instead of the problem. the trouble is, the options are very limited.:(

1 person likes this.
  4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let go of the hate, while remembering the people that died.

It's not that we got "what we deserved", but it has been highly naive of the USA to think that "it can't happen here"... when most of the rest of the world deals with "terrorists" all the time.

We missed our opportunity to show ourselves better than the terrorists, however. :(

Don't just remember the people at the WTC - also remember our soldiers, the soldiers from other nations, and all the people who have died, on both sides, in this "war".

Remember and weep. Let the hate go.

5. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So very true.

6. Jimmie84

Jimmie84 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Got my call to Afghanistan, 2 Months after that incident. I was and still am, Really happy I served to fight Militant Extremists. Some of my friends didn't make it home.

I WILL NEVER forget what happened that day.

2 people like this.
  7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Over 1/2 of our petro dollars flow to the countries trying to destroy us. Sadly, it will eventually happen due to the apathy of the majority. We could be energy independent, but for the fact that the majority won't make it our congress' priority. No ... in stead, we continue to build the war machine ... when all we have to do is choke off their money. We all ought to have wet eyes looking at the attachment, thinking about the families, most who likely continue driving land barges, with little or no clue at the the relevance. We can choke off the money, get cleaner air, put people to work building the worlds best public transportation system, save fossil reserves for bigger emergencies, Etc. Least of all, you don't even have to THINK about whether C02 is an issue ... all on one fell swoop. PLEASE, write your congress / reps people.

Attached Files:

• 911.jpg
      911.jpg
      File size:
      99.3 KB
      Views:
    2 people like this.
  8. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One option - don't fund both sides of the war on terror. People tell me I should buy American, I say I'd rather send my money to Japan than to OPEC. If America makes a family car that gets 40 mpg or better for a decent price, I'd buy it. For many years, nothing came close to the Prius, now there's a few options that may be worth considering. The Prius might well be the last car I buy that consumes gasoline.

9. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    as a musician it's natural to me to associate music with events or feelings. i found this youtube video that was made in the UK 4 days after the attack. i think it is the perfect piece of music to match the sentiment of remembering 9/11. the caption of the video is as follows:

"Leonard Slatkin Conducts the BBC Orchestra on September 15 2001 in honor of those who lost their lives a few days prior. Visuals from BBC's 'Last Night of the Proms' and ABC's 'Report from ground zero'"

the song is called Adagio for Strings and it's by Samuel Barber.

1 person likes this.
  10. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    from nj liberty state park

[​IMG]

11. Jimmie84

Jimmie84 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I never really cared from a Political standpoint on what happened. All I know, Is that I was called to duty to fight a large group of people that want to kill a lot of people, For not following their form of religion.

I've seen it first hand on what these people do. I got sick numerous times the first few months I was over there. I'm not going to go into major details.

It was a really sad day in the history of America. I was really happy on how many people came together of all races, Religions, And Political views to show that Americans can be and should be United.

It's like the old saying goes, United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

I was fresh out of High school, I was at home and I stepped out of the shower. My Dad had called me as I turned the TV to a smoldering building. He asked me what the heck was going on. I simply said, "Dad, I have no clue, It looks like the IDS Tower in downtown Minneapolis, Is on fire." As soon as I ended that sentence, I saw a plane fly into the second tower. Then reports came in about a plane flying into the Pentagon, Then the 4th plane crashing in PA.

Right then and there, I knew exactly something was wrong. It was very interesting to see no commercial flights for a week, And all sorts of F-16's flying around during that time.

One day, I hope to tell my Kids, And someday my grand kids the story on what happened that day and how Liberty can be gone in an instant, If not protected.