1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

9 Codes and Gas Motor Quit 3190, 1455, 2196, 2402, 2419, etc.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by unclemasy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. unclemasy

unclemasy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Was driving on a cold day when my car threw up the red exclamation warning, the cv light, and the check engine. The gas motor quit and could not be engaged at all. I pulled off the road and threw my code reader on the car. It came up with a smorgasbord of codes. 3190, 043e, 043f, 1455, 2196, 2401, 2402, 2419. Erase all the codes and car went back and ran fine. This is the second time this has happened. Any ideas on what it might be? Unfortunately, I bought my prius with a salvage title, so I guess I am on the hook for whatever the damage is, but if I take it to the Toyota place they will charge me 100 dollars to tell me there is nothing wrong. I don't mind paying for the repair, but what is wrong with it???

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The DTC format is an alpha character (usually P, B, C, or U) followed by four hexadecimal characters (0 - 9, A - F). I do not recognize most of the numbers that you provided as valid Prius DTC except for 3190 which is likely P3190, poor engine power (and you probably already knew that.)

Next time your warning lights appear I recommend that you immediately visit your local Toyota dealer. It would be well worth $100 to know the multiple DTC logged by your car.

Since you say the car "ran fine", my guess is that your car has a damaged wiring harness which is causing minor communications errors between the ECUs that will not provoke driveability symptoms. Good luck.