1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

90% Tesla and 10% REE Automotive

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Jan 12, 2024.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    After seeing an AutoLine Daily bit about REE automotive, I took a look at their technology. I had been planning to add to my TSLA holdings. Instead, I've added 10% of REE:
    REE Automotive - Wikipedia

[​IMG]

Their product looks like four, independent, electronically powered and suspended, unicycles. There are no axle-to-axle mechanical links.
    [​IMG]
    Aimed at the 10,000-20,000 lb market, it is well positioned for utility and delivery trucks. It would be an awesome, specialized bus for handicap and ambulances. Best of all, it would be a great RV base sold with a coupled, canoe-towed, PHEV with an efficient, overpowered, range extender engine.

Bob Wilson

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow! $440. back in the day

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm a tech nerd and was not aware of this group before. So I've got between now and Tuesday when the market opens to play or take down my chips:
    • battery prices - IMHO, Chinese and others are expanding production leading to a surplus that will make even more affordable batteries. With lessons learned, it is becoming a safer option.
    • subsidies not related to battery source - their potential subsidies are independent of battery chemistry.
    • empty market - aside from the Amazon EV van, I don't see any realistic competition (something to investigate.)
    • motors - Lucid and others are making very nice motors with high power density.
    • no obvious software show stoppers - designed as a distributed system, there are several approaches (and examples) for a solution.
    • superior traction control - four wheel, independent drive, not trivial but networked, it might crawl up ice covered, rock piles.
    Like I said, I'm a tech nerd and this one looks promising and 'right sized' to expand. I hope the earlier 'managers' grabbed their cash and fled leaving the ones who must make it work. Jewish Palestinians are a clever people.

LATE ADDITION: Shareholders letter 3Q23 - REE

I may visit one of their "dealer" sites. They put a lot of stock on them but I don't know what they do.

There is no guarantee that they will excel but the losses makes their stock affordable. If they break even, it will be like betting on boxcars and winning.

Bob Wilson

#3 bwilson4web, Jan 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2024