1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C climate control - question for those in warm climate

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by nategold, Feb 19, 2016.

1. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In the 2nd generation Prius, in the summer with auto A/C on, the car would force recirculated air until the fan speed got down to a certain point (and hence the interior temperature). Then it would switch to outside air. Is this the way the 2016 works with auto turned on?

In the manual on p 758 there is a customization that only the dealer can do called A/C auto switching operation. Anyone know what this does? It is off by default. Seems like this may have to do with what I want.

Why some of these can only be done by the dealer is beyond me.

2. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Come on - ZERO responses?? I know some of you 2016 owners live in warm climates, using A/C.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It gets cold in the winter down south too. Probably not many 2016 owners with a lot of AC experience yet. Personally I never liked the Auto control so I always run it manually. The dealers can and will help you with the setups on a new car if you ask when you go in for your checkups. By the way, it helps if you put your location in the profile.

4. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well it is in the 80s in Southern California and Florida, so there must be some 2016 A/C users out there...