1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C compressor oil question

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ilya980, Aug 1, 2024 at 2:34 PM.

1. ilya980

ilya980 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I need to replace a leaking A/C Condenser on a 2013 Toyota Prius C One (damaged by rocks flying through the grill). The service manual calls for adding 40cc of ND-11 oil when condenser is replaced. Is it ok to use A/C Certified Pro R134a Hybrid Vehicle Electric A/C Compressor Refrigerant oil from Autozone ($17.99 for 7 oz) or Honda A/C Oil POE ND-11 from Ebay ($29.99 for 40cc)? Is there any difference between them?

How much oil should I add? Is there a way to estimate how much oil has leaked out and how much is left in the system? Is there a danger of overfilling the system with oil if I add 40cc as the manual suggests?

Thanks.

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    As soon as you disconnect the condenser fittings you've lost virtually all the refridg.if there was any left in there after the rocks damaged it.
    Recommend vacing the system first, like the manual more than likely suggests somewhere in the procedure.