1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

A/C control issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by eschmidt155, Feb 9, 2012.

1. eschmidt155

eschmidt155 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I'm having an issue with my a/c. The dash was removed to replace the evaporator and reinstalled. Since that time if the panel button is pushed air blows onto your feet. If the foot button is pushed air blows out of the panel. The defroster does not work at all. The mechanic removed the dash again and can't figure out what the issue is. A solor sensor error code came up also. Any help would be much appreciated, my 2004 Pruis has been at his shop for almost a week!!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Get a better mechanic.

Tom

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a little bit of good news: you can safely ignore the solar sensor error code. That will set if the car is in the shade, such as inside a shop.

Your mechanic might benefit from a call to a tech line, such as Identifix. I think Steve @ autobeyours.com still offers this service: $25 for 15 minutes (a bargain).

I don't know if it is possible, or if it would explain this problem, to have mixed up how the three servo motors (air mix, vent control, air intake) are plugged in, but that might be a possibility.